The Black Founders Immersion is a 12-week, skill-building mentorship program for ten high potential Black-founded startups selected from the UK and European startup community. Partnering experienced Googlers with selected Black-founded startups from the local ecosystem, this program is a “power-shot” to better prepare Black founders to grow their business or raise their next round while further advancing their leadership skills.
Black founders are well-connected at peer level within their eco-systems, but research has proven they consistently lack access to VCs and accelerator programs. This puts Black founders at a considerable disadvantage when it comes to raising funding and gaining the skills needed to scale their companies. Google for Startups is well-positioned to address these gaps through our programmatic efforts, partnerships, brand and marketing resources.
As part of the Google for Startups Immersion program, Founders will have access to Google and industry leading experts on everything from machine learning to growth strategies, and will work with dedicated mentors throughout the program to outline and address the main challenges facing their startups. Founders will also be able to connect with the extensive Google for Startups community of founders from around the world, tapping into our network of high-potential and market disruptive companies.
Google is looking for growth-stage startups, fulfilling the following criteria:
- A diverse team, with at least one black founder
- Building an innovative and scalable product or service
- Demonstrating traction (users, revenue)
- Ideally at Seed to Series A stage
- Willing to give back and contribute to the local startup community
- Fully committed to the entire duration of the program
Benefits of the Program:
- Access to Google's network of experts, investors, industry leaders, partners and startup ecosystem
- A dedicated team of Google mentors to help you achieve your program OKRs
- Ongoing support from the GFS London team
- Weekly Founder Stand ups and networking
- Tailored content, workshops and office hours
- End of program Showcase
- 1st July (12pm) - 2nd August (11:59pm) 2020: Application Phase
- 10th August 2020: Shortlisted Startups Notified
- 12th-13th August 2020: Virtual Interviews
- 14th August 2020: Announcement of Final Cohort
- 7th September 2020: Program Start Date
- 27th November 2020: Program End Date
Duration of entire program commitment: 12 weeks program in 2020 (7th September - 27th November, 2020).